Mural FAQ’s

Why kind of creative services do you specialize in?

We specialize in creating custom murals and sign painting (i.e., logos painted on walls, way finders, etc).

How much does a mural cost?

Each mural project is unique and comes with its own set of variables that influences the cost including size, time, complexity of the design, amount of colors used, wall texture, height of walls, etc. Our base price of a mural is $30/sq ft with a minimum project price of $1500*. 

To estimate approximately how much a mural may cost, multiply the height of the wall by the width and then multiply by 30 (H x W x 30).

*Please note that these prices are minimum base prices for a mural and the price per square foot may increase based on factors such as complexity of design, excessive driving distance, rough wall texture, excessive amount of colors, hard to reach spaces, etc.

How much does a hand painted logo on the wall cost?

Logo painting (i.e., on the inside of your shop, store or on the outside wall of the building, etc.) starts at $800.  Again, this price will go up depending on the size and complexity of the logo, height at which it will be painted, texture of the wall, etc. 

Why are your mural prices so expensive?

Our pricing is in line with industry standards.  Each mural project takes many hours and days to complete including but not limited to meeting on site with the client, inspiration collecting process, designing process, painstakingly matching paint colors, prepping all files for painting and finally painting the final product on site. 

Is the client responsible for prepping the wall?
What does the whole process look like from start to finish?

Once a client reaches out with an inquiry, they are sent a google form via email that has some important questions on it so that we can gather a bit more information about the project.  After we have enough info, measurements, know what the content of the mural will be, etc, we send over an estimate.  Once the estimate is accepted and the contract signed, we send  a non-refundable deposit invoice for 20% of the total, which allows us to begin the sketches/creating the design. We will request inspiration images, if there are any.  Once the design is finalized and approved, we send an invoice for 30% so that we can begin painting on site. Once the project is completed, we then send the invoice for the remaining 50% of the total. 

Can you paint Mickey or other characters on my child's wall or in my daycare facility?

No, it is against the law to reproduce licensed or trademarked characters or take work from someone else. However, we can come up with an even better original design for you.

Can I see sketches before I pay the deposit?

Unfortunately, no.  In order to begin sketches, the 20% non refundable deposit would need to be paid. 

What payment methods can I use?

We accept major credit cards, PayPal, check, or cash.

What about pricing for your other services?

For our other services such as sign painting, menu boards, graphic design, etc., please email us at info@alexandraovergaard.com for a customized estimate.

Good question. Yes. The wall/surface needs to be completely prepped and cleaned before we come on site to begin the mural painting (i.e., holes patched, wall primed and painted, etc). Any walls that need to be prepped by us will be an added charge.

DSC02390.jpeg